Information from Vagar Airport regarding Corona
Valid from 4. May 2020 the authorities have intensified the procedures for travellers to the Faroe Islands. For more infromation on the stricter procedures please follow this link.
Travellers are recommended to keep themselves updated regarding travel guidelines from the Faroese authorities on: https://corona.fo/127?_l=en
Travellers with Atlantic Airways or SAS are kindly asked to regularly check their webpages for updated information regarding corona.
IN ORDER TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INFECTION FROM CORONA/COVID-19 VIRUS, THE FOLLOWING INITIATIVES ARE PRELIMINARY VALID AT VAGAR AIRPORT:
- Access only for travellers and terminal staff in the Terminal building. People related to travellers are kindly asked to stay outside the Terminal in the parking areas.
- Taxi drivers, bus drivers and others who are transporting travellers to and from the airport are kindly asked to stay outdoor the Terminal building.
- All non-essential international travel is strongly discouraged
- Anyone arriving in the Faroe Islands from overseas must take the utmost precaution and stay at home in so-called home quarantine. See more under “Isolation and quarantine”
- People travelling to the Faroe Islands are imposed – prior to their departure - to arrange their own transport from Vagar Airport terminal to their destination in the Faroe Islands, either by taxi, bus or other private transportation means.
- People departing from Vagar Airport are only allowed to bring 1 pcs hand luggage + 1 pcs laptop bag at a maximum weight of 8 kg onboard the aircraft. All other luggage needs to be checked in.
- The COVID19 virus spreads easily in large groups. It can be transmitted through hand contact, coughing and sneezing. Travellers are asked to take responsibility for both themselves and others by following the advice below on personal hygiene and maintaining a physical distance from others.
- Wash your hands well and frequently with soap and water
- Frequently disinfect your hands
- Cough or sneeze into your arm – not your hands
- If you use a tissue, discard it immediately and wash your hands again
- Avoid physical greetings such as handshaking, hugging and kissing
- Remember to maintain a physical distance from others (2 meters)
- Avoid gatherings of more than 10 people
- If you feel unwell or have symptoms of virus, stay at home to avoid infecting others
(Latest update 4. May 2020)