Information from Vagar Airport regarding Corona
(Last update: 8. January 2021)
The Faroese authorities are constantly monitoring developments and will revise these measures if and when necessary.
It is therefore of the utmost importance that all travellers to and from the Faroe Islands stay updated about the situation on the official webpage of the Faroese authorities regarding Corona/Covid-19.
General instructions if travelling via Vágar Airport
DUE TO THE RISK OF INFECTION FROM CORONA/COVID-19 VIRUS, THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS ARE VALID AT VAGAR AIRPORT:
Mandatory use of face masks
- Travellers are required to wear a face mask at all times in the airport
- Travellers that don’t bring their own mask, can buy them at the Information Desk just inside the departure Terminal building
- The face mask should cover both nose and mouth, and comply with EN 14683:2014 standards or similar
- Notice that your airline company also will require you to wear a mask during the flight, as well as boarding and deboarding.
- Children under the age of 6 and people with valid health causes are not obliged to wear face mask
- Follow instructions from producer and health authorities regarding correct usage and disposal of your mask
- Access only for travellers and terminal staff in the Terminal building. People related to travellers are kindly asked to stay outside the Terminal building or in the parking areas.
- People travelling to the Faroe Islands are imposed – prior to their departure - to arrange their own transport from Vagar Airport terminal to their destination in the Faroe Islands, either by taxi, bus or other private transportation means.
- People departing from Vagar Airport are only allowed to bring 1 pcs hand luggage + 1 pcs laptop bag at a maximum weight of 8 kg onboard the aircraft. All other luggage needs to be checked in. Please check with your airline company as rules can deviate.
- The COVID19 virus spreads easily in large groups. It can be transmitted through hand contact, coughing and sneezing. Travellers are asked to take responsibility for both themselves and others by following the advice below on personal hygiene and maintaining a physical distance from others.
- Wash your hands well and frequently with soap and water
- Frequently disinfect your hands
- Cough or sneeze into your arm – not your hands
- If you use a tissue, discard it immediately and wash your hands again
- Avoid physical greetings such as handshaking, hugging and kissing
- Remember to maintain a physical distance from others (min. 1 meter)
- If you feel unwell or have symptoms of virus, do not enter the airport and seek medical attention
- Travellers are recommended to keep themselves updated regarding travel guidelines from the Faroese authorities on: https://corona.fo/127?_l=en
- Travellers are recommended to regularly check their airline webpage for updated travelling information.