Information from Vagar Airport regarding Corona
(Last update: 21. Oct. 2021)
The Faroese authorities are constantly monitoring developments and will revise these measures if and when necessary.
It is therefore of the utmost importance that all travellers to and from the Faroe Islands stay updated about the situation on the official webpage of the Faroese authorities regarding Corona/Covid-19.
General instructions if travelling via Vágar Airport
DUE TO THE RISK OF INFECTION FROM CORONA/COVID-19 VIRUS, THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS ARE VALID AT VAGAR AIRPORT:
- The COVID19 virus spreads easily in large groups. It can be transmitted through hand contact, coughing and sneezing. Travellers are asked to take responsibility for both themselves and others by following the advice below on personal hygiene and maintaining a physical distance from others.
- Wash your hands well and frequently with soap and water
- Frequently disinfect your hands
- Cough or sneeze into your arm – not your hands
- If you use a tissue, discard it immediately and wash your hands again
- Avoid physical greetings such as handshaking, hugging and kissing
- Remember to maintain a physical distance from others (min. 1 meter)
- If you feel unwell or have symptoms of virus, do not enter the airport and seek medical attention
- Travellers are recommended to keep themselves updated regarding travel guidelines from the Faroese authorities on: https://corona.fo/127?_l=en
- Travellers are recommended to regularly check their airline webpage for updated travelling information.